SEWANEE, Tenn. - The 23rd ranked Sewanee men's tennis team defeated the Eagles of Carson-Newman, 8-1, Sunday afternoon inside the Guerry Indoor Courts.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP
Final Score: Sewanee (4-0) 8, Carson-Newman (1-5) 1
Sewanee Athletics Social Media | Twitter/Instagram: @SewaneeTigers
Men's Tennis Social Media | Twitter: @USouthTennis | Instagram: @Sewanee_Tennis
HOW IT HAPPENED
-Sewanee swept doubles play to go up 3-0 early in the match.
-The Tigers recorded five of six wins in singles, with Andres Carro and Jordan Brewer forced to play three sets with their opponents. Carro won at the No. 1 flight, 4-6, 6-3, 10-7, while Brewer was victorious at the No. 2, 6-2, 1-6, 6-2.
1. Andres Carro (SEWANEE) def. Gabriel Dabdab (C-N) 4-6, 6-3, 10-7
2. Jordan Brewer (SEWANEE) def. Rintaro Oka (C-N) 6-2, 1-6, 6-2
3. Jack Gray (SEWANEE) def. Hernan Toledo (C-N) 6-0, 6-0
4. Brandon Kali (SEWANEE) def. Marc Bantel (C-N) 6-0, 6-2
5. Jesus Bacete (C-N) def. Fletcher Kerr (SEWANEE) 6-3, 7-5
6. Jack Metzger (SEWANEE) def. Joseph Stiles (C-N) 6-2, 6-0
1. Jack Gray/Jordan Brewer (SEWANEE) def. Gabriel Dabdab/Jesus Bacete (C-N) 8-6
2. Fletcher Kerr/Andres Carro (SEWANEE) def. Rintaro Oka/Hernan Toledo (C-N) 8-5
3. Aubrey Davis/Hayden Loeb (SEWANEE) def. Marc Bantel/Victor Ireno (C-N) 8-4
The men's team will hit the road next weekend with matches against No. 37 Stevens, No. 14 Kenyon and No. 20 Mary Washington in Fredericksburg, Va. on the campus of the University of Mary Washington.